Saturday, September 24, 2005

The School Year Is Off to a Rough Start


Mommy and daddy have been making me go to playcare every Friday at Hillwood Presbyterian. So far, I'm not fond of the whole school thing. The other kids are all right, and the teachers are OK, but I don't understand why mommy and daddy aren't allowed to stay there with me. You have to be a little skeptical of any establishment that has a problem with mommy and daddy hanging around. And why do I have to stay there for such a long time? On Friday (the day I like to spend winding down and getting ready for the weekend) I'm at school, working hard, for six-and-a-half hours!

Daddy says that the Presbyterians are good people, and I suppose they are. But daddy also told me to be careful, because the Presbyterians might try to sneak in some Calvinist theology. I'm United Methodist (and a little bit Catholic), so I have different ideas about the human condition than the Presbyterians who teach me at school. But daddy's right, they are good people.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home